About Me

My photo
My name is Leo, I am a student at Salem State college and I made this blog for my education class. Im new to this whole blogging thing so if I lose you im sorry! Im 20 years old 21 in august. I have a beautiful girlfriend named Ashley and a daughter named Lorelai. I look forward to teaching in the future and learning all I can!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Children Falling Behind


Children falling behind is a very serious issue that is happening more and more today. There are many factors that can contribute to this. Children these days have just as much stress as adults do, or so it seems. Children who have stressful home lives also seem to have added pressure to the everyday pressure of school. If a child doesn’t have a place of their own to study and get work done then they might fall even more behind. For some students school could also be a safe haven if their home life is too hectic. However if a child isn’t understanding what it going on in class and they are falling back instead of forward what can be done? Many schools have a good special help for those students who need one on one help, but I think that there should be a country wide collaboration that had set goals for these students. I know that when I was in elementary I had a very tough time with reading. I got put into a special reading class in the basement of all places. It did nothing for me and I could tell the teacher didn’t want to be doing it. I think that more focus should be put on this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment