About Me

My photo
My name is Leo, I am a student at Salem State college and I made this blog for my education class. Im new to this whole blogging thing so if I lose you im sorry! Im 20 years old 21 in august. I have a beautiful girlfriend named Ashley and a daughter named Lorelai. I look forward to teaching in the future and learning all I can!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

What up with private schools?


Are private schools all they are cracked up to be? What does the price get you, and is it really that expensive? More and more scholarships are being giving to try and get students in private schools rather than public. A recent study has shown that the cost of different private schools do vary, and they are mostly somewhere between 2,500$-5000$ per year. In the long run this price really isn’t that bad, but is it worth it? Do private schools give you a superior education to public schools? I don’t think so; public schools offer a largely diverse group of students to interact with. Private schools cater to one type of family, ones that can afford private prices. Also I don’t believe that since you pay for school you are getting anything more than you do in public school. The school you teach in does not mean you are a better teacher. It is how you approach your teaching that makes you a good teacher. Private schools may be for some people but I think public education is a gift that should be appreciated.

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3231

No comments:

Post a Comment