About Me

My photo
My name is Leo, I am a student at Salem State college and I made this blog for my education class. Im new to this whole blogging thing so if I lose you im sorry! Im 20 years old 21 in august. I have a beautiful girlfriend named Ashley and a daughter named Lorelai. I look forward to teaching in the future and learning all I can!

Monday, April 6, 2009

Waldorf Schools


For this blog we had to pick a type of school that interests us. I decided to go with the Waldorf schools. While doing research I found a passage that perfectly sums up what the Waldorf schools are about. “For the Waldorf student, music, dance, and theater, writing, literature, legends and myths are not simply subjects to be read about, ingested and tested. They are experienced. Through these experiences, Waldorf students cultivate a lifelong love of learning as well as the intellectual, emotional, physical and spiritual capacities to be individuals certain of their paths and to be of service to the world.”
The Waldorf schools were developed by Rudlof Stiener in 1919; The Waldorf Education System is mainly based on a deep thoughtful perspective of human growth that addresses the requirements of the budding child. Waldorf teachers go all-out to convert education into an art that educates the entire child; this includes the heart and the hands, as well as the head.
When a person enters a Waldorf school, the first thing that you may notice is the extremely lively structure. The walls are painted with bright colors and covered with children’s art work, which is an important part of child growth to make them feel needed and important.
I choose this school because of the fact they strive on hands on as well as head on experience. I feel that all children learn in different ways so the fact that the school and the teachers make it so every student can learn in their own way is a good learning method.
“Rudolf Steiner stressed to teachers that the best way to provide meaningful support for the child is to comprehend these phases fully and to bring "age appropriate" content to the children that nourishes healthy growth.”


No comments:

Post a Comment