About Me

My photo
My name is Leo, I am a student at Salem State college and I made this blog for my education class. Im new to this whole blogging thing so if I lose you im sorry! Im 20 years old 21 in august. I have a beautiful girlfriend named Ashley and a daughter named Lorelai. I look forward to teaching in the future and learning all I can!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pizza Anyone?


At first this blog sort of confused me. I didn’t really have any idea what I was going to pick to compare to education. After thinking about it I decided to go with the metaphor of making a pizza.
I chose this because I feel like, like making a pizza, education has many layers. The first thing you need to do to make a pizza would be to lay down the dough. This would be the same as picking the right school for you to teach in and parents finding the right school for their children to attend.
The next step would be to pick the right sauce and put this down. This would be like children being put in the right classes for their different levels. Along with the cheese that has many different varieties shapes and sizes children are all different as well get put in different classes with different teachers.
The last thing that happens with a pizza would be the toppings. The toppings that are on the pizza are individual to each and every person who orders it. Each child needs individual help. Not all children are the same and each type of education is personal to each child. Pizzas have layers like each grade of school, each building up to the next step. Without the dough or the sauce the pizza could not keep going. And without elementary schools where children learn the basis of their knowledge they wouldn’t be able to keep going through the grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment