About Me

My photo
My name is Leo, I am a student at Salem State college and I made this blog for my education class. Im new to this whole blogging thing so if I lose you im sorry! Im 20 years old 21 in august. I have a beautiful girlfriend named Ashley and a daughter named Lorelai. I look forward to teaching in the future and learning all I can!

Monday, April 27, 2009

Final Blog


Throughout this class I learned a lot, not only about education, but also about myself and what kind of teacher I want to be. I want to strive to be the best that I can be and I will try to use knowledge acquired from this class to help me in that goal.
The readings in this class really made me realize all of the different topics and concerns in education. I really liked the stories in the educational foundations book. I liked how while I was reading through them I could really relate to the stories. I especially liked the story when the teacher went against all odds to do what he thought was right. I can really appreciate the fact that he stood up for what he believed in.
The blogs I thought were awesome. I really liked how you had a chance to set up something with your own style was really different from many other classes. They were a little hard to get the hang of at first, trying to set them up and everything but afterwards they were a great way to see what others thought and react to them.
The literature circles were a good learning tool to get reactions from others. It gave us the chance to get to see what others thought about the certain subjects that were given. I enjoyed how each part of the subject was broken up into different parts to be discussed.
The education paper was a big task. Discussing everything in a six page paper can be hard. Trying to figure out what to say can be a tricky task. On the observations I thought that was an extremely important part of the class. Seeing what other teachers do with their classes is an important part of learning. I really enjoyed how from just hours in a class you can really get a feel for how they are run.
I think that the way this class was set up was perfect for the subject matter. The stories all tied into one another and helped understand the lessons. I feel that every single thing had a significant part in keeping this class organized. I really enjoyed this class and I feel that I learned more from this class than most other classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment